Globally, financial literacy is positively linked to income and wealth, and in Switzerland, while 62% of men could correctly answer finance-related questions, only 39% of women could do the same. Thus the importance of female education is evident as it significantly influences their long-term financial well-being.
Renu and Michael were happy to talk with Karen, who actively creates the future with more women in power by delivering book and film series on sustainable finance, leading the SwissFinTechLadies, and promoting investment in Switzerland. Thanks to our versatile guest, in this episode, you will dive deep into the financial world, get inspired to invest, and discover Karen’s drivers and measures of success.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Going from a financial expert to writing worldwide books about sustainable finance
- Comparing banking investments with investing own money
- Directing films about blockchain, emotional intelligence, business ethics
- Crafting easy-to-digest content on complicated topics as part of the literacy journey
- Encouraging women to invest
Other titles we considered:
- If You Are Not Out of Your Comfort Zone, You Are Not Fearless
- You Can Know Something and Do Nothing With It, or You Can Experiment With Your Knowledge
- We Are Not Trained to Make Financial Decisions
- I Decided That I Want to Learn It
- No Matter What, I Go and Get My Feet Wet
This episode was produced by Khrystyna Khmilovska.