Throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks! Dr.Donnacha Daly, Head of AI & Machine Learning Studies at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts, talks to Renu & Michael about his motto around driving innovation.
Dr. Daly, in this episode details his experiences in Artificial Intelligence as he spent his early years in Ireland studying the topic. He then moves onto discussing his various roles in corporate Switzerland, his hiring mantras, intense focus on teams as central to innovation. He offers a deep perspective on the two different learning systems in Switzerland and how they matter for driving a culture of change.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Similarities between Ireland and Switzerland in living and startup culture
- His daily motivation and drive in being an educator
- Switzerland´s outlook towards failure in entrepreneurship
- His lifelong learnings in hiring talent
- The importance of working with SME´s
Other titles we considered:
- Staying Connected to Your Roots and Culture
- All About Educating and Nurturing Young Talents
- You Cannot Separate a Person into a Checklist of Talents
- You Got to Take the Time to Sit With the People
- Encouraging People to Follow Their Curiosity