Longevity-focused companies raised more than $1 billion in venture funding in 2020. The industry is in its infancy but grows fast yearly, raising greater interest worldwide considering people’s strong desire to find out how to improve their lives while living longer.
Renu and Michael talked with Sanja about the enormous opportunities of the longevity industry, its complexity, and its future impact on all the other sectors. In the episode, you will explore Sanja’s neverending curiosity about cancer treatment and new technologies, the transformation of the pharmaceutical industry, the role of genes and social responsibility in longevity, and human well-being in general. You will also learn how she combines this attitude with the ability to take risks and drive entrepreneurship.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Building a product that can influence all other industries
- Stepping into longevity medicine
- Being the pioneer in the field
- Concerning demographic shift and the aging population
- Minimizing the risk of chronic diseases
Other titles we considered:
- Everytime You Take Risk, You Learn More
- Because I Believe Strongly, There Is An Opportunity
- You Will Ask 5 People, And You Will Get 6 Answers
- I Love To Learn
- We Have Enough Diversity To Challenge Each Other
This episode was produced by Khrystyna Khmilovska.