Switzerland aims to reduce its net gas emission to zero by 2050. This ambitious goal needs a lot of research to decide what is science fiction and what is possible to apply to reality with the most effective outcome.
Renu and Michael chatted with Yousra about the challenges and complications of CO2 reduction goals, especially the challenges in maintaining power grid stability as electric vehicle use rises. In this episode, Yousra also unveiled her background of how being raised in a scientific family in Morocco impacted her professional career and what she continues to observe along her working career in Switzerland.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Dealing with different cultural reactions to a Ph.D.
- Trying to reduce CO2 emissions
- Dealing with the stability of the grid together with other countries
- Upbringing pushing away gender stereotypes for Yousra by her family
- Reaching one’s goals regardless of what people think of young females
Other titles we considered:
- Continue Researching to Find Different Solutions
- Some Things Are Purely Fiction
- There Is a Lot of Uncertainty to Be Able to Predict
- It’s Still Not There Yet
- Trying Little Things Was Not Enough
This episode was produced by Khrystyna Khmilovska.