It has been posited that discussions of entrepreneurship should include family entrepreneurship. Babson College´s Family Entrepreneurship Monitor report says that 75% of entrepreneurs and 81% of established business owners co-own and/or co-manage their businesses with family members.
Renu and Michael chatted with Bobbie where they talked about what coming from a family of entrepreneur immigrants, several generations over meant for her attitude towards hustling and being a serial entrepreneur. We also discussed how important it was to her to fix the core processes in the life insurance business, leading her to co-find Benekiva.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Looking for the hustle mindset in team building
- Being the chamber for beneficiaries as the motivation for starting Benekiva
- How the claims staff are the true heroes in making it right with the insured
- Not skipping the processes, as it will come back and bite you
- Having a mindset of just learning is making them successful
Other titles we considered:
- You Just Have to Ride the Low Times
- You Can’t Make Excuses
- Let Technology Fix Those Processes, So That You Can Innovate
- We Are Working the Insurance Value Chain Backwards
- It´s All About Learning
This episode was produced by Khrystyna Khmilovska.